- Open chocolate cake mix and pour into large mixing bowl. Remove two tablespoons of the mix and set aside.
- In a small bowl, blend eggs, milk, and vegetable oil.
- Pour egg mixture into cake mix bowl and blend to combine.
- Add hot water to cake mix and blend.
- Add vanilla and fold in chopped pecans. Bake per package instructions.
German Chocolate Frosting
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, agave nectar, egg yolks, and fat.
- Whisk in 2 tablespoons chocolate cake mix.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat, and add coconut, chopped pecans, and vanilla, stirring to combine.
- Let cool, and frost cooled layer cake or cupcakes.